Milk Chocolate & Honeycomb cookies / White chocolate & Marshmallow cookiesAfter finishing work at lunch time today I was in the mood for some baking! As my brother has recently bought his first home I thought it would be nice to take over a homemade chocolate cake (post to follow) as a mini house warming gift and something for him to peck on whilst he is getting settled. As I had my apron on I thought I'd also bake some scrummy Cookies for myself and Mr Barrett to have over the weekend - the recipe of which I have been kind enough to share with you :)
The recipe is very easy to follow and the cookies taste delicious and gooey. Please note this certainly is not Slimming World friendly - although definitely worth coming off plan for a couple of days ;) The cookies I have decided to bake are chocolate & honeycomb and white chocolate & marshmallow - although you can chose whatever you like to add and alter the recipe accordingly.
- 125g butter
- 100g light brown soft sugar
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g self-raising flour
- mini marshmallows, white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chunks & chocolate covered honeycomb (or whatever you choose to add)
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees, gas mark 4.
- Cream butter and sugars, once combined add the egg and vanilla extract.
- Sift in the flour and salt.
- As I have decided to make two different types of cookies it is important to divide up the mix and then add your fillings accordingly. If making the same batch it is fine to keep this in the same bowl.
- Roll into walnut size balls - be mindful of going any bigger than this as the cookies will expand due to the self raising flour.
- Place on an ungreased baking tray. I cover mine in foil as it is easy to then peel off the cookies once baked. Ensure you don't grease the baking tray as this prevents the cookies from firming up.
|Cookie dough ready for the oven|